Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Everything ch-a-a-nges

Recently I've had the somewhat difficult realization of just how much has changed in the States since I've been gone. Yes, I've only been gone for ten months now, but oh so much has taken place. The places I used to frequent and the friends who knew me better than anyone have changed. I'm not at all complaining, it's just a product of time, but it's still sometimes difficult to handle. When I mention it to people in the States about how when I'm there for furlough I'll feel so out of place, they kind of laugh it off, but it's seriously insane the people who have come, the people who have gone, the new changes made to what seemed to be the same for forever. I kind of feel like I'm having to transition into that chapter of early adulthood where you realize you can't be that 21 year old anymore just driving around and hanging out with your friends, looking at the stars and wishing that things would never change and time would stand still. I love the chapter of my life God has brought me to, honestly I'm probably more happy than I've ever been, but as with most things, it's bitter sweet. See, as things back in the States have changed, I too feel like I have changed. God has broken me so much over these past few months and brought me to a whole new place that I never would have imagined I would be, I'm a completely different person than I was when I boarded the plane to come here. No fears though, I'm still the same sarcastic, honest to a fault girl you've known, but just have had a bit of a heart make-over. All this is to say, that I'm so happy that God takes us out of certain situations to change us and those we left because otherwise life would be way too boring!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text