Monday, June 15, 2009

The testing of the teams

This is the first time I've ever been on the receiving end of teams that visit somewhere and I cannot begin to tell you how eye-opening it is. There are currently two teams here that we have some interaction with and it's just crazy to see and hear all the things that I have done time and time again on short-term trips, but now with a totally different perspective. When you go on short-term trips you do skits, give testimonies, etc... which can definitely be effective as the result is in His hands, but I've got some words of wisdom to all of you out there planning on going on going on a short-term trip: please listen to the full-time missionaries. I used to think when I had been some place for two weeks, it suddenly made me an expert on the place, but the bottom line is that the missionaries there know what they're talking about (I'm not so much talking about me, but those more seasoned veterans). Missionaries work all the time establishing various relationships and ministries and in a matter of a couple of sentences it can all be destroyed because someone hasn't properly learned the culture. I'm not saying that this happened today, but it was more of a warning, an eye-opening of the potential. Sorry, that's just one of the many lessons God taught me today about teams, but I figured that would be the most beneficial to y'all as you're setting out on different summer trips.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text