Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Home Sweet Home

After going through the worst traveling experience of my life, I finally got to Uganda. One of the girls from Vertical prayed that this trip would be a memorable one, and boy howdy was that prayer answered. I know that God was in control of the whole trip, so that kept me from having perpetual breakdowns, but it was still tough. I spent some time sorting out the details of getting a piece of luggage that was lost, and finally I was able to walk out and be greeted by Judy, her daughter Malia, and Ryan. I've missed my big "brother" and "sister" so much and it was so awesome to get to see them! We stayed at a friend's house in Entebbe and afte a bout of jet lag and getting up at 5 but then falling back to bed until 7:30, we set off on our way to Jinja (with a couple of shopping stops in Kampala in between).
Getting here, I was greeted by a lot of our staff with huge hugs that really did make me melt. When I saw Kenny he just ran at me full force and gave me a huge hug. Aryanna, on the other hand, spent a little time warming up to me but by the end of the afternoon we were back to normal. I took a little cat nap, unpacked a little bit, went to service where Jess finished the book of Genesis, had my most favorite meal of Fajitas and then we had carrot cake for desert, and then ended the evening just watching a movie. It was a perfect way to end the day.
Now, I'm in my apartment with the tubs all around me and the sounds of Africa outside my window. I'm so happy to be back, although I miss everyone in the States more than I'd like to admit, I know this is home for me now. I'm so excited to see what God has in store for this next chapter of my life in Africa.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text