Saturday, February 20, 2010

Provision

So often (and even more so in this economy) we talk about God's provision, how He's Jehovah Jireh, and we go into quoting the book of Matthew and about the lilies and the birds, and so on and so forth. Well, I'm definitely not knocking the fact that He provides materially for us what we need, because I can testify the truth of that, but this morning God opened to my eyes in a really big way another way He provides for us: spiritually. 1 Peter 1:3 says, "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of HIm who called us by HIs own glory and goodness." He has provided us with everything we need to live a life that pleases Him, I mean EVERYTHING. How amazing to think about that, we have absolutely no excuse for spiritual immaturity, He knows where we're at and He knows what we need, and He wants to give it to us to help us to walk more closely with Him, but we have to make ourselves available for that and then take those opportunities when He brings them. Reading in Romans about he work of Adam vs. the work of Christ, it made me think about the HUGE gap sin caused between us and God, and how because of what Jesus did, we are able to do as Micah 6:8 says and "walk humbly WITH our God". We are able to have fellowship with Him, we can call Him our friend and our Father, but so often we take that unfortunately for granted, we forget what that really means, what a privilege that is. I mean think of the fact that you can't even get in to see your doctor without filling out a ream of paper's worth of paperwork, or get your Passport without all but signing your first born child over, but you can come to the feet of God and know Him personally, what an awesome thing it is! And what a sad thing it is that I grow lazy in taking every possibly opportunity I can to "take walks with Him" so to speak, where He can share with me what He desires from me, for Him to minister to me, and many times to rebuke me in order to make me more into the person He made me to be. I personally need to put more effort into this relationship because He truly has provided everything for me to know Him and walk with HIm, I just need to get off my butt and open my eyes to what an amazing priceless thing that really is.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text