Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I have no greater joy...

Than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. - 3 John 4

That is definitely one verse I've found myself repeating a lot this furlough the reason being that words can't describe the joy that fills me seeing what God has been doing the lives of a lot of my old students. I've been involved in youth ministry for (gulp) 8 years now, and honestly a lot of the time you find yourself asking "God, are these students learning ANYTHING?" After countless coffee dates, rabbit trails, and small group sessions I have been so encouraged by what I've seen with some of "my girls". I love seeing that they are now passionate about pouring into others like they had been poured into. I love that they have dealt with tough stuff but in the end have still surrendered to His good and perfect will. I love that they talk about having consistent times with Him. And more than anything, I love the fact that it's all because they have a pure and deep relationship with Him as their Lord, their Father, and their Savior. I hope these girls realize what a blessing they've been to me just getting to witness their lives over the past months and what a privilege it's been getting to be one of the tools God used to get a hold of them in mighty ways.

Not to leave out the boys - I'm also SUPER proud of some of "my boys". Several of them are now pastors and/or part of church plants and being used by God in HUGE ways. One thing that just blew my mind the other night was realizing that two of them ended up interviewing me over this furlough (one in Arizona and one in Albuquerque). I know for many of them they're just holding on for dear life on the crazy ride that is their lives and I can't wait to see what God is going to do in and through them as time goes on.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text