Thursday, January 12, 2012

One is Not Enough

In Tempe, they just launched their small groups which they call “One is Not Enough” based around the truth that God didn’t create us to be alone. We need one another so much in our walks to hold us accountable, encourage us, and just come along side us as we go through the life God has called us to. The team in Tempe and even other ministries I’ve been observing have awesome teams for their ministries and I really keep having that fact drilled into my head this furlough, that one really isn’t enough.

For a while now I’ve been flying solo in the youth ministry in Jinja. People have come and gone but basically I’m by myself. I don’t mind it for the most part, but the biggest thing is that I just keep thinking that if there were more people to work with the youth, how much more could be accomplished in discipling the students and reaching the 17 million students that I keep thinking about. I guess this is just basically a prayer request that God would raise up others to be a part of the work that He’s doing in Jinja and around Uganda who are passionate about pouring into the youth and seeing them draw closer to God and live lives wholly devoted to Him. And in the mean time, I just have to truly rest in Him with everything I have for the strength to be about the work He’s called me to and remember it’s His ministry and He loves those students even more than I do and He knows what needs to happen for them to grow as much as possible in their walks with Him.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text