Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rendezvous recap

200 meetings
4 radio interviews
10 home fellowships
5 ministry visitations/interviews
1 5th grade classroom presentation
1 reception
8 plane rides
countless cups of coffee
**Numbers are approximations

That really seems to sum up my furlough (at least the social/catching up/sharing aspect). Even today, I had 9 meetings and one of which was at 6:15 in the morning, but really it was worth it because the guys who I shared with were a huge blessing and encouragement. I have had SO many sweet opportunities to share with SO many people about what God has been doing with the youth of Uganda and I'm just so humbled by what God has allowed me to be a part of in my time here in the States. My time on furlough is coming to a close (I leave in 5 days) and I'm just still trying to process all God brought about in these two short months. I was able to re-connect with amazing old friends, students, supporters, family, and new friends. I was able to share with who knows how many about how God is an awesome huge God who desires none of the 17 million students under the age of 15 to perish. I was also able to encourage many in their callings right now being that He calls us all to make disciples, not just those who live 8,000 miles away. I won't lie, my favorite meetings I had with people were where I could hear about their lives and what God was teaching them and not necessarily do all of the talking. For all of you who I was able to meet and share with, even if I never personally met you, i want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to convey in even some small way about how awesome our God is. I'm now spending these final few days really enjoying time with my family and getting all packed, and really praising Him for one awesome furlough!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text