Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Old Friends

Being on the mission field, one of the hardest things about coming back is seeing just how much things (and people) change. There are certain people you knew before who are like strangers now, but then there are those people that you are pretty sure will be life-long friends. I've been blessed with getting to spend some amazing time with those types of friends over this furlough. I don't know if I've ever felt more loved or encouraged than I have in the past couple of weeks. I'm blown away at who God has brought and how He's shown me that yet again, I'm not alone. From touching base with people on my trips to Arizona and Tennessee to people still here in ABQ, there are some pretty awesome people that God has allowed to stay in my life for many years and I pray for many more to come.

Just today, I was able to begin my day with green chile, eggs, hash browns, cheese, and the Nuanes family. It was so awesome getting to see their hilarious and incredibly cute boys and just talk to people who have been some of my best friends for around ten years now. After that, I was able to spend time with my friend Phil, and he's just one amazing brother/friend and it's always great spending time with someone who has the same heart and ideas you do, and Philly has been one of those friends for a very long time for me. After Phil, I met with Rachel who I've known since she was in seventh grade. She has become such an amazing young woman of God and I'm so proud of her, she works so hard and loves Jesus with all her heart. Then tonight I had dinner with Kelly and Michelle Bransford and my brother Kyle. We laughed so hard and had some amazing food (like seriously, un-real good food). Knowing what God has done in Kelly and Michelle's lives and seeing them together along with seeing how God is using them now is just such a cool blessing, and they really are two of my favorite people.

All in all, I'm exhausted but blown away by the caliber of people God has allowed be in my life. And these people were just a brief snap-shot of the stellar individuals I am blessed to know. I truly do thank God for all of them!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text