Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend



This past weekend was really just too cool for words. I already wrote about Good Friday and that just kind of started everything off to be amazing. It's kind of funny how in the midst of really cool times of breaking and God just showing a lot of stuff to me, that there's always some sort of physical "struggle" that I get to go through as well. This weekend it was both my knee and a little 24 hour cold. But even through those things, this weekend still rocked my face off!

Saturday I was able to kind of sleep off the cold, and then at youth group that night, I taught a survey of Genesis 12-50. I won't lie it was quite possibly the most difficult teaching I've ever had to prepare for just because there's so much to be said but only 45 minutes to say it in. God was totally in it though and I think it ended up working out really well.

On Sunday, I woke up bright and early and was able to listen to the Sunrise Service broadcast from last year as the sun was rising here. I made blueberry pancakes from a blueberry muffin mix (we don't have real blueberries here). We had a packed service of about 200 people and then we all went out to decorate the cross that was put out on Good Friday. The cross was beautiful and it's even still standing out there two days later. After service, I went to lunch with some friends of mine and then watched a movie with the kids on the compound until it was time for missionary fellowship. We had a super small group for the fellowship, but it was really nice just getting to see all the conversations that were going on.

It really was an awesome weekend to just get to reflect on the work He did on the Cross and really one of the best "Easter Weekends" I've had. God just continually showed Himself in so many ways, it was really cool.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text