Friday, April 9, 2010

FINALLY!!!!!

For the past few months my main prayer request and ministry goal was to get into this secondary school (high school) called Jinja SS. With over 3,000 students, Jinja SS is one of (if not the) biggest schools in East Africa and therefore with the size brings the false teachings to a staggering magnitude, and hence my excitement to potentially get a chance to teach there. I wish words could describe how long I've waited for this opportunity and today it finally happened! I drove onto the humungous campus honestly ready for the usual routine of Johnson (the school speaker and our church's sound guy) to come up to me to tell me something happened to keep me from teaching, but that didn't happen! He met up with me and we walked to this big grassy area by where they keep all the hundreds of bikes the kids ride to school. Little by little our guys who come to our youth group came, and then some of their friends and as the teaching progressed more sat down. By the end of the teaching, there were about 15 guys who were listening. It was really funny the fact that they were all guys, but it was cool because I just took it from the point of being a big sister. I taught on Ecclesiastes 2 and basically just tried to drive it into them about how pointless all the things in this world are without God. They then asked me to come back next week on Tuesday and then again next Friday even though they were taking exams, they still said they had time. I couldn't believe it! It went so much better than I ever thought it could and I cannot wait to see what God has in store with this ministry! I'm just glad he had the door closed until now, His timing is really so perfect!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text