Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A new opportunity

As I'm writing this, I'm pretty much in awe about what God has done in these past couple of weeks as far as ministry opportunities. As you can see from previous posts, Jinja SS is up and running and I have now gone there four times and although they are now on holiday, it looks like next term will be a go as well. Getting to "make disciples" in such a crazy environment as that school is an opportunity I pray I never will take for granted.

Today I was able to have another awesome new experience of sharing His word at the YMCA vocational school we have here. In case you didn't know, there is this little coffee shop called Flavours that is one of my favorite hang outs and it's been neat getting to develop relationships with the staff there. I had been talking with one of the waitresses there about how I get to go to schools and teach, and she asked if I could come to hers to teach as well. So last week I went and met with the director and he approved for me to come and do a brief teaching at their weekly meeting where they have all the students get together. It's kind of a challenge because not only do I get just 10 minutes to teach, but I'm also given the verses I'm to teach. This morning I found out that my verses to cover were Ephesians 2:1-10...great passage...not so easy to cover in ten minutes. It went well though and afterwards the director asked me to come back and teach again to the students who come for the afternoon classes.

Now I won't lie, yesterday I thought I was exhausted, but that was nothing compared to today, and so going there this afternoon, it was really one of those prayers "God, it's got to be all you, because I have nothing left" - which I know should be my prayer all the time, but you hopefully know what I mean. It went fairly well, and hopefully as I get to teach there more and more (it's kind of an open invitation now) that I will be able to teach more and more effectively. Although it's only ten minutes at a time, it's cool because in the midst of all the false teaching that takes place, I'm humbled that God is giving me the opportunity to share His truth accurately to about 500 students. This was yet another opportunity that God just dropped in my lap - I did absolutely NOTHING to bring about this, and that's just way too cool, because it really is ALL to His glory.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text