Monday, April 19, 2010

The great enemy of James 1:19

Yesterday I woke up at about 4:30, I didn't do it on purpose by any means, but it happened and...well, what can you do about it... Anyways, I'm not griping about the early wake up "call" by any means because my morning was absolutely awesome filled with a sweet quiet time of God just really revealing some stuff to me and then I had an impromptu skype call with my momma. Well, I'm sharing this with you because due to that early hour of getting up, I was beat last night and went to bed with some assurances that I would not have any issues sleeping well through the night which may or may not have come in the form of a little pill. Well, this morning I slept until 7:30, but have you ever had those times when you've maybe slept so much that it's actually had the opposite affect and you're a less pleasant person than you would have been if you got less sleep? Well, that was me today.

For those of you who don't know. James 1:19, is the ultimate smack down verse for my life because I am such an utter failure at all three of those commands: quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry. I really did realized that sleep, or the lack (or in my case today the surplus) of it is a great contributor to the ability to make that verse a reality in ones life - or at least in my life. I'm not trying to make excuses, I'm just throwing out a theory, that I do feel that when tested it will be proven true (using the scientific method you learned back in middle school). Well, for those of you I leave in my wake on days like today, I apologize, and now the real kicker is that I can't remember the last time I've actually had a good night's sleep, so that leaves me to wonder how much damage I've really been doing. And now looking at the clock and realizing it's almost midnight, I guess I should try and spare innocent bystanders tomorrow and get a little shuteye.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text