Saturday, April 17, 2010

Oh Leviticus!

So two weeks ago, I had to do a teaching that covered the last 38 chapters of Genesis. Let's just say that was a piece of cake compared to preparing to teach through the whole book of Leviticus in one teaching. I don't even want to think about the amount of hours spent studying for this teaching. But I'll admit, I'm really glad that I had something "force" me to really look at that book. I had just finished reading it and was even looking for some good commentaries on the book and then this was put into my lap. Understanding a little bit more about God's holiness and how miserably short we fall is overwhelming, but then it is even more amazing when you look at books like 1 Peter and Hebrews and realize how Jesus fulfilled that all and just how much the "law was a shadow of the things to come". I'm so glad that our God is such an overwhelmingly holy God, and that His love is a holy love to the point where He would sacrifice his own Son so we could have unbroken fellowship with Him. I could go on and on, but I encourage you to try to embark upon at least reading that somewhat daunting little book with God's awesome holiness in mind, and I think you may enjoy it a whole lot more than you maybe thought you would.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text