Thursday, March 25, 2010

A battle of the gifts

One of the struggles that I tend to experience the most is striking a balance with the gifts God has given me. I absolutely LOVE to teach and share His Truth with others and see it work in them to change and mature those who listen. On the other hand though, I LOVE to rock the administrative aspect of things. If you give me an event to plan, it's all I can do to have self control and not go crazy finalizing logistics even an hour after I've been given the task. Yesterday, I was able to spend the day studying, except for the times when I was actually teaching. I was trying to wrap my mind around 1 John 2:12-29 as much as I could so that I could teach it today at Jinja Modern and I was so mentally wiped out by the end of the day, but it was awesome! Then today, my day has been spent putting things into place for the beginning of a new series we're doing in youth group: The Race to Revelation. On top of that, I also was able to do some work on planning our youth conference that's coming up in May and began to think about and plan a ministry fair we'll have at the end of April. I love that I have a job where I can use all that God has given to me and do so for His Kingdom, the task that I have before me though is that little thing called "balance".

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text