Sunday, March 7, 2010

youth, Lost, prison, and duck duck goose

Weekends are never boring, that's one thing I can always tell you will be a guarantee around here. Because Bev and Jess went for some much needed R&R, I got to be the go-to girl for the weekend. It was pretty uneventful so it wasn't bad at all and I'm glad i was able to help, but wow! It's just craziness sometimes (well, a lot of the times) around here. Yesterday, I worked on studying for several teachings, watched and sporadically "helped" Ryan build a little trellis (sp?) outside of my house for some added privacy, rocked youth group, went out to dinner with the usual gang where we partook in happy hour coffee drinks, and then came back for an episode of Lost. Today, I made myself a rather lovely latte, and then rocked our services (where my cough was the subject of one of JB's illustrations again as to what will NOT be in heaven). And then I got to be a part of something I've missed so much...I got to go to prison! I'm telling you it was so amazing seeing those ladies again and getting to just be around their joy and humility. We were in Hebrews 10 so it was a pretty heavy chapter but I just was able to lay out there the ultimate forgiveness we have in Christ even for whatever got them in there. From there I went straight to teaching the kids and we rocked the end of Genesis 12 and learned about Abraham's disobedience and selfishness and I gave them the low-down on baptism since we're having one next week. There are a couple of them who I think are ready and I really am excited to see their interest in maybe getting baptized! After the kids, I thought I was going to teach the big girls, but we were having what was supposed to be a small wedding here that ended up being really pretty big, and so I just joined the kids and the girls who live on the compound while they were playing with Jo Daniels. It was really a lot of fun, and it was nice to just play instead of always being at my desk with my computer in my lap studying. Ryan, Judy, Malia, Rochelle, and I then went to the missionary fellowship where we actually did a pretty unusual thing for us and actually fellowshipped. It's funny because even though you're surrounded by lots of people with common goals and interests you still gravitate towards the people you know, but this time even I branched out and socialized which was a pretty big step for me. Now, I'll be honest, I'm absolutely exhausted but am rather content of the outcome of the weekend. I love how God just filled it with so many different things!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text