Thursday, March 18, 2010

Women's Conference

Today was our first day of a women's conference in a village called Igluibi. It was also the furthest I've ever driven before, so it was a bit of an experience. The conference went amazingly! Bev, me, Mary, and Jo taught and then Lillian and Grace led worship. By the end of the day about 70 women were there and it was awesome. We had lunch of matoke, meat, rice, cabbage, and beans and it was just so cool getting to serve alongside our Ugandan staff.

I had to leave early so that I could make it back to teach at a high school. So Mama Peace and I went in the truck and headed back to town, and she was a great navigator and I didn't even get lost! We had such an awesome time just talking. I love that lady so much! Seriously she's climbing my list of top ten favorite people very quickly, and that really was the hight lite of my day.

Tomorrow, we have another day of the conference so hopefully it will go as well as today did.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text