Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Three weeks

It's so funny how different time is here now that I'm on the other side of the countdown spectrum. At this time last year, I had just graduated from the School of Ministry and was not quite sure what capacities God was wanting me to serve in. This year, I know exactly where God wants me and I actually am settled and seeing fruit in the ministries. It's so nice to be here and have things really be under way. It took a while for me to get into the groove and especially the first five months of my life here in Uganda, God was having to do a lot of work on my heart to put me into the place that He wanted me to be and ready to serve in His way and His strength, instead of just waiting for the time to end so I could go back to the States. I'll be honest and say that I didn't even begin to hit the tip of the iceberg when it came to knowing how to live/work/minister at this time last year. I'm not saying that I have it all together now, but I just can't imagine what I would have missed if I had only been here for a short amount of time! God has truly taught me so much, and now instead of counting down to when I go "home" I'm now able to live in the moment and be ready (or as much as I can be) for whatever God has to throw my way.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text