Saturday, March 13, 2010

A busy day in Kampala

Yesterday I had the privilege of going to Kampala with the women I call the "rebels of the missionary community" (i.e. Bev, Kathy, and Diane) Jo also came along which only added to the fun. We spent the time talking and laughing and having an awesome time and that was only the car ride there, the adventures only got better as the day progressed. I was able to see a side of Kampala that I had never seen before. The joy of Kampala trips is that everyone has their own little to-do lists because it can be such an ordeal going there. So Diane got some things taken care of for their vehicles, Jo went to the doctor to get a better cast on her arm and Bev and Kathy and I went to check out rooms for our ladies to stay when we host a women's conference in the Entebbe area in two weeks. On our way back into Kampala, we drove past the Taxi park and into this one market area where there were multi-story buildings with clothes hanging on the balconies and literally THOUSANDS of people walking around us, it as absolutely insane and Bev was a trooper in driving through all that madness - if it were me, I would have had a nervous breakdown after the first fifteen seconds of driving through all that. Then we rocked some lunch - it took a ridiculously long time but such is life with pretty much everything here :). Then it was shopping time. The two stores that are pretty much a must to stop at every Kampala trip are Game and Shoprite. Where we are able to grab a few things they don't have in Jinja. It's awesome, the ladies I went with are like a machine! They go in and get out, they don't pass go or collect $200, they just go in and rock the place and then come out and load up their cool bags that have ice in them and we head back home. It was a really fun time and I'm so glad I got to be there with these awesome women!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text