Saturday, March 20, 2010

A fancy fan.....

So before I begin this blog, let me just preface it with the fact that I'm absolutely exhausted and half the time I don't even know what I'm typing and the "delete" button is my friend right now. I just wanted to enlighten you about our fancy fancy today. We had a party in honor of Ryan officially handing over the youth group to the guy who has been his assistant for a couple of years.

We had some crazy games. The first game was "Knight, rider, princess" it was awesome and I'm just glad I wasn't a part of the game, then they had to eat through a thing of Jello to try and find a bottle cap, and finally they did the usual water balloon toss and try and get as far away as possible.

Then it was time for Ryan to do worship and then he taught. I won't lie, I got a little teary eyed thinking about this is kind of the begging of him not being around anymore after June, and it kind of just hit me. He's my big brother, and I'm really going to miss the guy! Then he officially shared with the group that he was leaving, and Richard talked for a bit. Finally, it was my turn and I got up there and cried like a baby and prayed for my guys. Then it was time for the food!

Mama Peace, Stella, and Priva had been cooking away the whole afternoon and we ended up feeding about 100 kids when it was all said and done. We also had some cake that Jo made for the occasion.

It was really a lot of fun, but now after that and the women's conference and putting on the St. Patrick's day madness for my "family", I have to admit I am so crazy tired, it's not even funny. I just have to make it through tomorrow's usual ministries, and then I reach Monday (i.e. my day of "rest). I don't know if I've ever looked so forward to a Monday before in my life!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text