Friday, March 5, 2010

PRAISE HIM!!!!!!!

Boy oh boy has it been a week! I was down and out for the first half with one of the worst colds of my life, I'm actually still battling with it a week later. But in the midst of the physical struggles, God is so faithful to bring about other victories.

One thing I've been struggling with is with my high school girl's ministry and how I just don't really know what to do with or about them. Then yesterday, I woke up to a letter slipped under my door from one of them that basically just talked about how excited she was about the changes others were seeing in her life, and a couple of other things...let me just tell you, there is nothing that makes my heart soar more than hearing that from someone that God has brought into my path! He is so good to have His Word and His Spirit work in our lives to change us and conform us more into His image.

Another area that's just been kind of a point of difficulty for me is just trying to find my feet (ministry-wise) again. Kind of the whole thing of "what do I really do here?" I know it seems crazy but in the midst of everything of recovering from jet lag and then this cold, I really felt lazy and kind of worthless in the work I was doing. Then this week, I got two HUGE open doors. I got the go ahead from Jinja Modern (the secondary school I taught at last year) to start teaching there again, so I'll be there on Thursday afternoons teaching through the book of 1 John. And then one place that I've really tried to get my foot in the door in lately is in a school called Jinja SS, which is the largest school in Eastern Africa. Last year it was a whole bunch of road blocks but then today I was able to meet with the leader of their Christian group and they said I'm good to go and come in and teach next Monday afternoon, and they'll call together an assembly and everything! I don't think the reality of that has hit me yet (in fact, I know it hasn't). These are two huge doors, like I can't even begin to tell you how huge these opportunities are.

Along with these things, I had all my previous ministries that I was a part of, have the interest to start up again too. So I'll be helping our teaching pastor's wife practice how to read as we go through the New Testament. I'll also be taking two of our ladies on staff through the Self-Confrontation curriculum (a hard-core discipleship course). And to top that off, I get to start teaching in the prison again, they haven't moved my ladies yet so I get to hang out with them every Tuesday afternoon.

I'm SOOOO excited about all these things God is allowing me to be a part of. I just pray now that I will have wisdom in teaching and actually teach, and not just practice my public teaching skills. I also pray for time management, because I have so many ideas for all of these ministries, I just want to make sure I do each one of them in the right way.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text