Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to school

After a 2 week break, we are now back to school. In these next two months, we're set to cover New Testament survey, Principles of Preaching, Apologetics, Church History, Ethics (and I think there's a couple more). Today we dove into Matthew and I just love that no matter how many times I've read a certain book in the Bible, God brings out new things each time I read it. His Word is jam packed with so much, it's just amazing. One thing that's been blowing my mind lately is that I can't help but think of how Jesus came to be that example of what it means to live a life that's pleasing to Him. All those words that are written in red, aren't just random thoughts He had and thinks it would be swell if we tried to do them, what He spoke is what He did. He led by example, He loved His enemies, He was obedient, He was a servant, and many more things, He didn't just talk the talk, He walked the Walk, and I'm just so humbled that I can be (quoting Hudson Taylor) "The little servant of an illustrious master".

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text