Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thank you mr. maytag


Well today I had a definite first for my life: I hand washed my clothes. And no, it wasn't just one or two things, it was ALL my laundry. We had a power "incident" that fried our washer and therefore as we are waiting for it to be repaired, I became somewhat desperate and therefore decided to be ambitious and wash my own clothes. The Ugandans do it all the time, and so I thought I would see just how it was to do it all, not just a couple things in my sink, but the full shabang. So now, after many pieces of brightly colored clothes, blisters on my fingers, a nice sunburn, buckets of water, and clothes pins, I have now officially had my first do-it-yourself laundry experience. And all I have to say is praise God for whoever invented the washing machine!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text