Friday, January 9, 2009

It was a very good day!

So today was an absolutely awesome day full of many little blessings. It started off with finding out that they have some booths in the market that sell big sun glasses (I know, it's a sad thing to get excited about) but that's just become part of the American girl persona that I am able to maintain here. I was able to go this afternoon and get some cool big white ones that I'm pretty stoked about.

I was also able to finally get in 5 packages that I've been waiting on (one of them was shipped in October, the rest were sent before Thanksgiving). And now for a little bit of a glimpse into what our post office is like and how things work there: The packages area is in the back where they have stacks of papers and random letters and then boxes and bags of boxes everywhere. You go in there after receiving a slip that says for you to get your package (unless you're like me who violated this rule and would just go back there all the time, in case my packages were there but they had failed to give me a slip - I kind of got in trouble about this about 2 weeks ago). Today, however, I went to check my boxes and after my rebuking that I had received didn't want to face the guy in the back again, I was almost thinking they were holding my boxes hostage, well I was there checking my box and there was nothing in there and all of a sudden I hear from inside "number 2244?"and I cringed and said yes, he had heard me because I was talking to Ryan (isn't that scary even people at the post office can recognize me by my voice?) Well, I went back there praying that he would be nice, and he actually had four boxes for me! After helping him find my boxes and then waiting patiently for him to write everything down, and paying about $10 for the taxes associated with them, I was a happy camper. Then later I get a phone call (he now has my number to call me in case I get packages in the future :) ) saying I have one more!

Anyways, I was able to open all those boxes and for those of you who contributed, thank you from the bottom of my heart, the candy, brownie mix, movies, coffee, etc... and presents for the kids (stay tuned for more pictures of when I hand those out) is such a huge blessing, I really don't think how much it means to me that you all did that. All in all...all those little things added up to a pretty amazing day.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text