Friday, January 2, 2009

My Miroto Adventure Part 4

After traveling a while and getting food in Siroti, we decided we may have to stay in Mbale (the place where the AIDS mountain is) because it's dangerous to drive in the dark on Ugandan roads. It's actually a pretty legit little town and we stayed at this pretty nice hotel where we were able to actually have a legit shower an I had my own room and it was so quiet. We had dinner and I had pork chops and applesauce and an orange fanta and it was absolutely amazing. Of course, it's kind of hard to enjoy food when you realize how much people are starving just a few hours away. That night I was able to just rest in my room and then we woke up to have breakfast and hit the road after just a wee bit of car trouble. We finally got back to Jinja at around 10:30 in the morning on Wednesday. I am amazed at how much I was able to experience on such a short trip, I learned so much about ministry and different cultures and I just thank God that I was able to have that experience.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text