Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sad Only in Africa Moment

Ok, I realize this is a sad entry, but I want to give you an idea of how children can be treated here. So this morning there was a little girl who was 2 1/2 years old who was dropped off at the front of the church by a boda (a bike taxi) and the boda driver just said he had been paid to take the little girl and drop her off for us to take care of. The little girl had to have a colostomy put in, but they failed to put a bad there...so you can only imagine what the poor thing had to go through. JB and Lillian took her to the hospital but they wouldn't take her, and called around and finally they found an orphanage that would take her. It's crazy to think that people just abandon their kids (2 1/2 years old!) because they're not "perfect" or hard to take care of. I know I'm probably totally oblivious and situations like that probably take place in America too, but it just really blew my mind to think about.

1 comment:

Curtis and Margo said...

Hi, Kelli: Definately a sad entry. There are so many people here wanting a child, yet some countries seem to just throw them away. Can't wait to see all the children Jesus is hugging when we get up there. I loved the blog re: the washing machine. I'm going to show Curtis this site so we can keep informed about you. Love you and are praying for you.

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text