Saturday, January 24, 2009

tasty procrastination

Today I got absolutely nothing done that I should have, but it was still an awesome day! Because Jess and Bev were out of town and Keith and Ellen were going to be away Ryan and I had our friend Judy over and I had fun getting to cook for the three of us. I never get to cook here because by cultural and legal requirements we are supposed to have locals do that sort of stuff for us. I took full advantage of it and so I spent the day in the kitchen making Monterey Chicken (like what they serve at Chile's), garlic mashed potatoes, steamed carrots, and Cinnamon apples and then for dessert I made a sour cream coffee cake. They don't have mixes here, so it was all from scratch and I honestly had a blast doing it and I'm just relieved that the night didn't end up with us having to go eat out because the food was terrible. We then drank coffee, watched a movie, played scrabble, and just hung out until my J (Jacob Vigil) called me via Skype and I talked to him for a bit. It was a great, laid back day!

This is my little holla out to him- that guy is seriously such an awesome kid! He's 16 and calls me on skype from time to time and we just get to talk not for too long, but long enough and because he's one of the funniest guys I know I never stop smiling (for example, today he was playing peak-a-boo by hiding from the camera). I know it sounds like little things get me way too excited, but it never fails to make my day when even after being away for almost 5 months now that he and I can still talk like nothing has changed.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text