Friday, January 2, 2009

My Miroto Adventure Part 3

Well, I made it through the night and got up, had my quiet time, and then ate breakfast. We headed down to the pastors house and spoke with some ex-prisoners about how to change people's perceptions of them now that they are out of prison. I wish I had gotten to take a picture, but I hope I will always have this snapshot in my mind:

There were about 20 or so prisoners sitting on mats on the ground under a tree and then we were sitting on chairs. Behind the prisoners there was an old African tree and a line of cattle walking there were also a couple of ladies walking with bushels of straw on their head and also some soldiers with automatic rifles walking by. In the midst of all that, there were tons of white butterflies flying around. It was just such an amazing memory.

After taking care of a couple things, I was able to take part in something that I pray I will never forget. We were able to go into a Kiramajong village which was surrounded by two fences (one is thorns and one is sticks) and they have really short doorways in order to keep people out.
The little kids loved the camera and that's where these pictures are from. It was so cool! Of course afterwards looking at the pictures I was able to really see in their eyes their hunger and it's just so sad!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Wow! What an adventure!

I think Courtney has talked to you, but we're going to be praying for Uganda this month. Could you email me some specific prayer requests at kevin.miller@calvaryabq.org? Thanks!

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text