Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A little soap box

Right now I'm watching a certain channel which shall go unnamed. I know this may be a little controversial, but this is seriously something I wish I could scream out on the rooftops that Christianity is not based off of having money, being healthy, having the warm-fuzzies, or jumping around shouting out random things, it's about bringing glory to HIM. It's about being sanctified, being changed in order to show not how great our faith is, but how amazing our God is. Nowhere in scripture do you find (in its true context) that you will have a nice sum in your bank account and live a hunkey dorey life without problems.

James 1:27, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world" (notice that it's not being healthy, wealthy, or wise). Matthew 5:11,"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me." 2 Timothy 3:12, "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted." and finally 2 Corinthians 12:7-10, "To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Ok, phew! I'm done now.

1 comment:

Tori said...

hehe. Johnny likes to watch those same "unnamed programs" to know better what their faulty arguments are. Every time he does I get just a riled up as you are with the same thoughts.

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text