Monday, January 5, 2009

My Oil Paint Incident

I don't know why but since I've gotten here, I've really wanted to tap into my artistic side. I've always liked to draw but here it's gone up to a whole new level and for Christmas my parents sent me oil paints and all that goes along with using them (brushes, canvass, etc...) so I decided that today would be the day to take those paints for a test drive (or I guess paint).

So my picture didn't turn out too bad, I had my door to my office closed, my classical music going, and the artistic juices flowing, so even though my painting wasn't amazing, it was still fun. My painting was a scene of several different fields in the sunset with the back of me looking at it, kind of based off the verse "the harvest is plenty, but the laborers are few".

Now for the incident report. As I had stayed somewhat clean during the painting process, I was rather pleased with myself, but of course pride comes before the fall. As I was cleaning off my brushes I found that it took some effort to get the paint out, but being the smart one that I am, continued to try and clean off the plate that I used for the paint, and about 30 seconds later my hands were covered in black paint (as all the colors mixed together make black - in case you didn't know ;)) I ended up having to go to Jess and ask for paint thinner and after a few laughs and a picture that he took of what I did (which for the sake of my pride I'm not going to post) he came with WD40 and some strong soap. I seriously felt like I was about 3 years old and had just gone crazy with paint and I now had to be cleaned up.

1 comment:

Sara said...

HAHA :o) You are such a cutie! I want to see the painting you did! I'm sure it is a masterpiece!

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text