Monday, April 27, 2009

busy, busy, busy

I'm writing this from a big cushy chair, with a feeling of relief that the past two days are over. Not that they were bad, just ridiculously busy.

Sundays always are busy for me, they're really all that my week really builds up to. So this Sunday was no different. I had service, then the kid's Bible study as I continue to work through the beatitudes with them and this week we covered "blessed are the merciful" and "blessed are the pure in heart". I had fun with showing them with a glass of water about how a pure heart looks and then I put dirt into there to show them how our heart looks when we allow the "things of this world" to come into our lives like watching/reading not-so-good things. Then I had the girl's Bible study where there were several girls who came since school is on break right now. We spent the full two hours with them asking questions about the Bible, it definitely challenged me to really know my stuff and it was just cool getting to talk with all of them. From there, I had Kenny and Aryanna's birthday party where we ate some awesome local food and they opened presents and the full shabang. Afterwards, Ryan tried to put on Star Wars and I just fell asleep so I just went home early.

Today, was busy but with a lot of miscellaneous sort of things from running some errands for Bev to studying for teachings. The main thing though that I did for most of the day, since the power was out for most of it, was play with the kids. JB and his family are going back to the village for a couple of weeks and they leave early tomorrow morning so for a big chunk of the day I was on the receiving end of either a squirt gun or a kid hanging on me. I had a blast with them, but then afterwards I definitely had to decompress with an orange fanta.

I absolutely LOVE all that God has brought into my life and the people I'm surrounded by. I'm a busy girl, but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text