Wednesday, April 8, 2009

In the beginning....

Today I went to Spire Road Primary School (Elementary school) with Ryan and as he taught the older kids, I was able to teach the younger ones. I had about 40 kids between the ages of 6-9 and I have to admit it was a little overwhelming at first, but they were all awesome and really into it. We started out with singing "this little light of mine" and me explaining the meaning of that song. Then I just read them a little of Genesis 1 and used that as my spring board for an Easteresque message. I touched on how God was in the beginning, He created everything and it says "Let US make man in OUR image", and after that fast forwarding to how He came and died for us. His existence didn't begin in that manger, but He's been around since the beginning and chose to come down to save us. You just gotta love it that He loves us that unbelievably much! Needless to say it went pretty well. They'll be going on holiday until May 21, but hopefully next term we'll be able to do the same sort of thing.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text