Friday, April 10, 2009

No bells, whistles, or...fundraisers

Today marks the beginning of celebrating THE most important weekend that ever took place in the history of mankind. This Good Friday was started out with my quiet time landing on 1 John 4 talking about His love for us and therefore how we should show that love to others. Then the day went on as usual, but tonight it was absolutely the best Good Friday service I've ever experienced. I confess I'm a "Martha" with a capital M, more focused on the work then getting to sit at His feet and "be still" and so in years past that's exactly the role I took. Easter and Good Friday were not times for me to look forward to, instead I was stressing out about the weather, calling businesses about parking arrangements, making huge shopping trips to costco, and preparing to fit an insane amount of doughnut boxes in my car (don't ask). Today I truly was able to reflect and have the weight of this day hit me. Of course I was still working running slides, but the teaching I could just sit there and soak it all in and my eyes were opened up to so many new things surrounding the crucifixion. I loved how low key it was, there were about 50 people and at the end a few of the guys carried a homemade cross out to the corner and put it in the ground while everyone else was following singing a local worship song with a beautiful sunset in the background (I'll post a picture soon). And finally we were flipping through the channels and Louie Giglio was teaching an awesome Easter message. It was absolutely perfect!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kelli, I'm getting caught up on my reading this morning. Glad you had a "Mary" Good Friday. There is a statistic that says that 20% of the church does all the work and the rest just attend. Sadly in many cases it's even less than 20%. So, I know a lot goes on behind the scenes. Thank you for all the years of faithful service to the youth in Alb!!! Philippians 1:3-6!!

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text