Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Preachin in the prison

Today I was able to have an awesome opportunity and teach in the condemned section of the prison. I have to admit I was really nervous about how it would go just because I tend to feel like people look at me and go, "she's so young, how can she be teaching us about anything?" but God is faithful and His truth is not bound by age. I taught on Hagar and Sarai (Genesis 16) and the paths that sin causes us to take. It was definitely really intense addressing sin and mistakes in a prison, it really did bring it to a whole new level for me. I taught about how He works for His glory, and we just need to trust Him and that He's there for us even in the midst of when we're feeling the pains of our own sin or the sin of others. I have never really studied that story, so it was really cool just for my own personal reason and not just with ministry, I love how God works like that!

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text