Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More prison action

Today I had another opportunity to teach in the prison. I've really come to love the time I get to spend with those fourteen ladies. One of the most beautiful/joyful noises I've ever heard is them singing. I look around and they've got their eyes closed singing a worship song in Luganda and the drum is beating in the background and it's just too cool! I love the fact that God doesn't just communicate in English but every tongue and nation is to praise His name. Today I taught on Genesis 17, God was good to draw a lot of stuff from there that seriously wasn't from me at all. I had my outline, but He's so good to not stick to an outline. The message focused on worship, change, God's plans, and our obedience. Honestly in the end it was one of those things where I was like "wow! I really needed to hear this message". I love those times where you can look back and go "God that was all you!" there was absolutely no way I could have taught on that subject without Him and I'm just humbled and amazed at how it went. I just pray the ladies do seek to put off the old self and not be doing things for external purposes only.

No comments:

Followers

RSS Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Blog Archive

    Copyright Text